Things will be a little different at Holme Valley Osteopathy whilst we deal with the coronavirus pandemic, but we assure you that the care will still be the same. You can see a copy of our risk assessment…
The osteopath will need to talk to you and ask you some questions before your appointment. This is just to make sure that you are not displaying any symptoms of coronavirus, you have not been in contact with anyone with symptoms, and that you are not in a ‘high risk’ group. We will be using a triage form. An example of which you can see…
The osteopaths will be wearing PPE – a surgical grade mask, (I wonder if that means Hannah won’t talk as much!??) single use disposable apron, and single use gloves for your treatment. The practice has a whole new look too…
● It has been completely redecorated and deep cleaned.
● The carpet has gone and we have wooden flooring to enable appropriate sanitising.
● Everywhere is a bit bare…the linen has gone-no towels, or couch covers, and the shelves are pretty empty too, and we can’t offer you a drink!
● We have waterproof pillowcases that can be cleaned between each patient and a wipeable couch cover too. The chairs even have special covers!
Before your appointment
Once you have completed the triage screening by the osteopath, and a face to face appointment has been confirmed –
● Please only arrive at your appointment time. Wait in your car or outside on the gravel area if you are early to limit waiting in reception.
● Please ensure you sanitise your hands on arrival, or wash them in the toilet facilities, and also before you leave the practice.
● We have spaced out our appointments to allow time to fully air and disinfect the treatment room between every patient.
● Please avoid bringing in coats and bags if you can.
● Please come by yourself if at all possible. We are restricting chaperones for those under 16.
● Please wear a mask, but we ask that you bring your own, the ones we have in clinic are expensive and difficult to get hold of. We can provide one at £1 charge (cost price).
● Payments preferably by contactless card.
● We will ask for your consent to proceed with face to face treatment.